Wednesday 4 November 2009

T-shirts

I decided to create a t-shirt in the style of Katharine Hamnett- by writing a slogan or message in block capitals on a plain shirt. I wanted to write a phrase that made the shirt more relevant to Susie Freeman and the theme of pills that I was developing in my project. 'WHAT ARE THEY FEEDING US?' refers to the quantity of prescriptions people receive, and to how the consumption of medicinals could be harmful as it is often excessive. The props and colours I used for my model are also in keeping with my project.

While Hamnett's designs are manufactured by screen printing, a lack of resources meant I had to use a felt tip for mine. This, however, didn't create the block colour effect that manufactured t-shirts have, and also took quite a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment